Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Lemon Pudding Cake recipe I promised someone a few days ago

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 21:58:35 +0000 (UTC), "I'm Back!!"
> wrote:

> sf > wrote in
> :
>

> > Meyer Lemon Pudding Cakes
> > http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/reci...pudding-cake-r
> > ecipe

> Could almost be called a lemon souffle !!

It separates into lemon pudding on the bottom and a very, very thin
cake-like layer on top.

> And I was just wondering about this next part.... what's the significance
> of mixing the flour on waxed paper?
>
> Me... I'd just chuck it in a bowl/container and mix it with a fork....
> probably less messy too :-)
>

> > On sheet of waxed paper, with fork, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar,
> > and salt. From lemons, grate 1 1/2 tablespoons peel and squeeze 1/2
> > cup juice. In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat egg yolks and lemon
> > peel and juice. Whisk in butter and milk. Gradually whisk in flour
> > mixture.

I think the waxed paper is supposed to make it easier to "dump" the
dry mixture into the mixing bowl, but I don't bother.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.