Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Jahbulon Jahbulon is offline

Default How cruel is leather?

George Plimpton > wrote in
:

>>> "group issues" - what's that supposed to mean?

>> Vegetarian animal ethics.

> What's the group? Who are they?

It's the group to which I sent my original post,
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

>>> No matter how crappy your formal education, the
>>> questions you're asking make you seem not just
>>> poorly educated, but frankly clueless, and
>>> seemingly incapable of doing the normal
>>> information-seeking that the vast majority of
>>> people find easy and routine.

>> I note you comments.

> Yes, they're implicitly quite critical of you.

Not really. You say I was born clueless, in some ways incapable and was
not given a proper education. None of those would be my fault.

>>> Hot dogs and most other sausages are primarily
>>> meat. You need better news sources.

>> Hot dogs are cartilage and so on.

> No, mostly they're meat.

Your understanding of meat includes, "paste-like and batter-like poultry
product, produced by forcing bones, with attached edible tissue, through a
sieve or similar device under high pressure."

Seems to me that is far better described as cartilage and so on, but don't
let me stop you calling it meat.

--
Praise be to Jahbulon, holy god of Royal Arch Freemasons
http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/jahbulon.html

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you,
then they fight you, then you win"