Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Do You Fix Certain Foods On New Year's Day (For Good Luck)?

Some of our friends say they always start the new year out with a
particular menu, as it is to bring good luck all year long.

I think they said they fix pork and sauerkraut and red beans and rice,
but not sure if they have all of that on New Year's Day. We've never
done anything like that. If we have turkey at Christmas, then we'll
usually cook a ham for New Years, or vise versa, but it's never the same
year after year.

Do you have a certain type of food you fix every single year on that
day, and have you even heard of this being done before?

Judy