Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default beating egg whites??

On Dec 25, 12:12*am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> "dsi1" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> I used to use a copper bowl but they tarnish too easily and the idea
> of mixing food in a bowl coated with that stuff was not an appealing
> one. Mostly those bowls are strictly for show.
>
> You know the wrong people. *All it takes is the lemon rind from some other
> dish and a bit of salt. *Quick rub and voila! *If you wash it regularly,
> copper isn't a problem. *I find it absolutely worth it.

I used to do that with pennies when I was a kid. Sure, I'd clean the
bowl before beating egg whites but that got old very fast. I can see
using a copper bowl if I beat eggs manually but with a electric mixer,
I don't see any reason to use copper bowls except maybe to brag about
being able to use copper bowls. I also don't like the idea of copper
compounds in my food.