Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default Prime Rib

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r__i2V2EQfY

>>> What is wrong with these people - calling their grills and meat "she",
>>> "baby", and "sucker"? I think this grill *makes* people stupid. Be
>>> careful Gene ;-) (no wonder the guy sold it for $20 - it made him so
>>> stupid he couldn't even figure out how to work it anymore!)

>>> He definitely sounded like a lifetime stoner rather than a naturally
>>> born low-IQer.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> The guy who sold it to me said that he got it for tail gate parties.
>> Used it once and realized that while it is very portable it is small
>> and way too hot for what he thought it would be good for.
>>
>> He thought he could cook lots of food fast because of the heat. He
>> cooked it alright. To a crisp.
>>
>> This all goes back to the thought that in order to learn how to do
>> good BBQ, and grilling, it helps to know how to cook first.
>>
>> I agree, the dude had to be high. But we have grilled and Q'ed with
>> more than a few spirits in us eh?
>>
>> Gene

> You make a good point Gene about knowing how to cook before
> tackling a new piece of cooking hardware. In defense of someone
> new to infrared burners, it's hard to imagine how different they are
> from (regular) electric or gas burners until you've actually observed
> one in operation.

Big Jim says, "learn to cook the meat first". Rubs, marinates and mops
don't make a poorly cooked piece of meat better. They just compound the
issue of "where did I go wrong"? Learn to cook the meat, then work on
rubs, marinates and mops. Great advice. I know it is great advice,
because I have followed it.

Thanks Big Jim.

And yea, he was high. So high, I think he over cooked them steaks..

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...