Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@verizon.net is offline

Default Prime Rib

On 22-Dec-2011, Gene > wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 07:25:35 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

> >> That was pretty amusing, "gonna check my pit" "oh yeah baby, do it!".
> >>
> >> Dude was high.

> >What is wrong with these people - calling their grills and meat "she",
> >"baby", and "sucker"? I think this grill *makes* people stupid. Be
> >careful Gene ;-) (no wonder the guy sold it for $20 - it made him so
> >stupid he couldn't even figure out how to work it anymore!)
> >
> >> Dude was high.

> >He definitely sounded like a lifetime stoner rather than a naturally
> >born low-IQer.
> >
> >-sw

> The guy who sold it to me said that he got it for tail gate parties.
> Used it once and realized that while it is very portable it is small
> and way too hot for what he thought it would be good for.
>
> He thought he could cook lots of food fast because of the heat. He
> cooked it alright. To a crisp.
>
> This all goes back to the thought that in order to learn how to do
> good BBQ, and grilling, it helps to know how to cook first.
>
> I agree, the dude had to be high. But we have grilled and Q'ed with
> more than a few spirits in us eh?
>
> Gene

You make a good point Gene about knowing how to cook before
tackling a new piece of cooking hardware. In defense of someone
new to infrared burners, it's hard to imagine how different they are
from (regular) electric or gas burners until you've actually observed
one in operation.

--
Brick(Better to remain silent and be thought a fool
then to speak up and remove all doubt)