Charles H

Default Unexpected something showing up in the wine

John Q. Lurker wrote:

> I just bottled my first batch on Friday. Today I started to put the
> capsules on. I put the first one on, and when I was done, there was a
> whitish fibrous matter floating in the wine (this happened right after I
> inverted the bottle). I thought maybe it is a precipitate that evolved from
> the heat and that it would regain solubility after a short while. No good.

I had a problem like this once, and I traced it back to the corker, it
was nicking the bottom of the cork and cutting off a small piece which
ended up in the wine. Talk about corked wine eh? Anyway, I never had to
deal with any of it because all the bottles got stolen. Perhaps your
floaties are just bits of cork?

--
charles

"Once ... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days."
- W.C. Fields