Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Adaptations of Holiday Favorites

Janet > wrote:
: Storrmmee wrote:
: > i had the tree up but never thought of the dredel... its a state
: > building

: In that case, there should be no religious displays in public areas at all.

I believe that was what the courts said. Displays of secular seasonal
objects like Santas, trees, etc, but not creches or, theorectically,
Menorahs on public property. it could be in a lobby, I guess, but not on
the school grounds or near City Hall, etc. I remember having a sicussion
at my synagogue about what woudl be Ok for Channuka a deciding that a
dreidel or a potato pancake or a jelly dounut woulf be about all we could
figu-)

Wendy