John Q. Lurker

Default Unexpected something showing up in the wine

Hello everyone. Quick question(s)

I just bottled my first batch on Friday. Today I started to put the
capsules on. I put the first one on, and when I was done, there was a
whitish fibrous matter floating in the wine (this happened right after I
inverted the bottle). I thought maybe it is a precipitate that evolved from
the heat and that it would regain solubility after a short while. No good.

So I am thinking--do some corks have an amount of wax in them? That would
explain it, but I surely don't know. If so (or if else), how do I keep this
from happening as I put my other capsules on.

Thanks in advance!

JQL