Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i can gaurentee the price of the resto in no way correlates with the
>roaches present, i mean realistically there are generally some because of
>the type of buisness and type of building, but sometimes it is
>overwhelming, Lee

I am recalling one of the worst meals of my life at a place in Nescopeck,
PA. The place was crawling with some sort of beetles. That's what I was
told they were. My SIL assured me they were not cockroaches. But still...
I was worried that they would be in the food. My husband, BIL and SIL were
all laughing at me. Told me to get over it and just eat. It was very late
by then. Like 10:00 pm. My SIL used to drive me nuts. She would say
something like, "Give me just a minute. Just a MINUTE!" I soon learned
that I needed to give her a good three hours at least. Going to dinner with
her always meant it would be many hours past the time she told you it would
be. So by this point I was very hungry. And I had nothing back at home
that I could eat. Home being my BIL and SIL's cabin.

I can't remember the particulars of this trip. Once their fridge broke
down. The stove did work but it was a royal pain to turn on. It was a gas
stove and my BIL had fixed it in such a way that you had to crawl underneath
to get the gas on. He was afraid his daughter might accidentally turn it
on. She was a toddler then. There was a microwave. But... There were
also mice and/or rats living there. They told me there were. So I couldn't
keep anything out on the counter. And there was no pantry. It was just a
little bitty cabin. And I tried not to eat in it.

So I squinched my eyes as best I could, sat on the edge of my seat and
ordered the ravioli. That's a common dish in that part of PA and it is
usually frozen stuff that has been boiled and sauce added. I figured there
would be less chance of getting bugs in there than there would be with
something like a pizza.

I wound up eating very little of that meal. Bugs were crawling over me,
over my purse, onto the seat, the table and the wall next to me.

And then every time I tried to pick up a piece of ravioli on my fork it
would splash back down onto my plate. And they had put an extreme amount of
sauce on that plate. The ravioli would fall and splash sauce onto me. I
remember quite well what I was wearing that day. It was a pink, blue and
yellow tie dyed top. And then it had red splashes all over it. And there
was no washer or dryer at the cabin.

When we got home I spent several hours washing that top out in the sink
using dish soap and shampoo, scrubbing until I got all of the stains out.
Then I hung it in the shower to dry.

I just do not see how people can sit and eat with bugs all around them. And
I do not see how that place stayed in business. There were tons of people
eating in there. But you could see the bugs crawling all over the screen
door as you entered. *shudder*