Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

On 12/21/2011 3:44 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I give my unwanted stuff to Value Village. The money they make is used to
> help the blind. I don't really know in what capacity. That reminds me. I
> was going to take Angela there yesterday and I forgot to go! Not that we
> feasibly could have. Traffic was so bad it took far longer to do what we
> did do. But I do have a couple of coupons that need to be used by Dec.
> 31st.

Perhaps it's time to look at a financial statement put out by Value
Village. If they are a NPO, then those records ARE public. Full
disclosure.

Ya, i buy a few things there (books that i'm looking for often appear
there).

I give to the local street ministry trying to help the homeless. To
women's shelters where these women & children would be homeless without
said shelter, and, of course, the ER dept........... you would not
believe how many clothes they need to offer folks to be attired to go
home (they may not match, but a top is a top and pants are pants!)
(please add some new in the wrap undies and socks!)

kate