Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

On 12/21/2011 12:34 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>>> yup, and if you look at your neighbours, you will see who most likely
>>> isn't eating a lot of fruit or food in general (aside from potatoes
>>> and cheap carbs)
>>>
>>> they can be older, or younger, or single parents, or the new home
>>> buyer who just had a baby.......... i've never seen one of them NOT
>>> be very excited over 'what someone did for them'!
>>>
>>> during harvest seasons, i buy the case lot sizes........ they are
>>> usually cheaper than buying 3 or 4 of the item and you get more than
>>> double that......... those i make sure go over to the pensioners that
>>> i know aren't buying these things
>>>
>>> won't be too long, this will be our own reality
>>>

>>> kate

>> I have a neighbor who is a single mother. She's from South America but
>> served in our Navy. The way she talks she is very poor and very cheap.
>> But she does own her own house. And in this area you just can't do
>> that if you're poor. Granted she did buy it before we bought ours so
>> the price would have been cheaper.
>>
>> She is a staunch low carber. They eat a ton of chicken and steak. She
>> told me that her daughter who is Angela's age eats a huge steak for
>> breakfast every morning. Steak is not something we can buy often. When
>> I do buy them they are not huge and I usually get the thin sliced for
>> Sukyaki.
>>
>> But what really gets me is all the fruit she lets go to waste. They
>> have apple and pear trees and also grape vines. She doesn't pick or
>> eat any of it. Perhaps because she *is* a low carber. But you'd think
>> she would at least offer it up to the neighbors or something. That's
>> what I did when I

> I'd be brazen and ask if I could take it off her hands No hide, no
> Xmas box!

Jan, as a person who's yard had raspberries, saskatoons, crab apples and
much more, those were just the 'there every year' plants........... i
could not GIVE AWAY those fruits

when people stopped by and asked, i got them ladders and bags and......
whatever they needed!

lol

kate (yes, i picked a lot of it myself, but more than i could eat!)