Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Robert Miles > wrote:
: > : On 12/21/2011 1:55 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > : > > wrote in message
: > : > ...
: > : >> i would garden but every plant i touch dies quickly and painfully it
: > seems,
: > : >> lol, but my mom and now sister garden so i get fresh stuff anyway,
: > lol, Lee
: > : >
: > : > I gave up on it. Too many slugs and wild animals around here. They
: > kept
: > : > eating it all and I had to keep replanting.
: >
: > : For the wild animals, you might keep them out most of the growing season
: > : by planting a row of extremely hot peppers around the edge of your
: > : garden. Note that then they get hungry enough, they'll work out a way
: > : past that row, though.
: >
: > : You'll need a gate blocking each gap in the row.
: >
: > : Slugs are small enough to crawl past the pepper plants without noticing
: > : them, so this is unlikely to do much about them.
: >
: > You can always put out those shallow dishes of beer for the slugs. they
: > love it, fall in and drown, but drown happy, at least:-)

: But then I'd need shallow dishes because I have none. And beer which I have
: none of either.

Try jar tops, make shallow dises out of aluminum foil, old saucers, just
us a little imagination.

Wendy