Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

Robert Miles > wrote:
: On 12/20/2011 10:31 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > "Robert > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> My mother made many of our clothes and preferred to present them
: >> when they were ready instead of saving them for Christmas.
: >>
: >> At least one of my sisters did the same for her children.
: >>
: > My grandmas often made us stuff for Christmas. One knitted and crocheted.
: > The other one tried that and failed miserably. She made us all slippers for
: > Christmas one year. Oh how I hated those knitted slippers! They were rough
: > to wear and yet slippery on a wood floor. When they got dirty, my mom
: > washed them out in the bathtub and hung them to dry. We all watched in
: > horror as they stretched to monstrous proportions. My dad's were the worst.
: > His grew to about 2 feet long. They never shrank back.
: >
: > That grandma did sew though and one year she made me a pretty green velvet
: > dress with a white bib and a black tie around the waist.

: My mother and at least one sister also knitted, so rather thick sweaters
: and the like weren't in short supply. My mother also taught me how to
: knit, but I never did much with it. I don't remember seeing any
: crocheting among the family.

I took up crocheting when i quit smokeing to give me something to keep my
hans occupied. made quite a few things, including bedspreadsfor the boys'
bunk beds, matching vests for the boys and my suband. Other pullovers for
the boys and a ced spread of 64 squares of roses for my Mother's house, I
stil have that spread and use it in the country.

Wendy