Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

Robert Miles > wrote:
: On 12/21/2011 1:55 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> i would garden but every plant i touch dies quickly and painfully it seems,
: >> lol, but my mom and now sister garden so i get fresh stuff anyway, lol, Lee
: >
: > I gave up on it. Too many slugs and wild animals around here. They kept
: > eating it all and I had to keep replanting.

: For the wild animals, you might keep them out most of the growing season
: by planting a row of extremely hot peppers around the edge of your
: garden. Note that then they get hungry enough, they'll work out a way
: past that row, though.

: You'll need a gate blocking each gap in the row.

: Slugs are small enough to crawl past the pepper plants without noticing
: them, so this is unlikely to do much about them.

You can always put out those shallow dishes of beer for the slugs. they
love it, fall in and drown, but drown happy, at least:-)

Wendy