Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>>> yup, and if you look at your neighbours, you will see who most likely
>>> isn't eating a lot of fruit or food in general (aside from potatoes and
>>> cheap carbs)
>>>
>>> they can be older, or younger, or single parents, or the new home buyer
>>> who just had a baby.......... i've never seen one of them NOT be very
>>> excited over 'what someone did for them'!
>>>
>>> during harvest seasons, i buy the case lot sizes........ they are
>>> usually cheaper than buying 3 or 4 of the item and you get more than
>>> double that......... those i make sure go over to the pensioners that i
>>> know aren't buying these things
>>>
>>> won't be too long, this will be our own reality
>>>

>>> kate

>> I have a neighbor who is a single mother. She's from South America but
>> served in our Navy. The way she talks she is very poor and very cheap.
>> But she does own her own house. And in this area you just can't do that
>> if you're poor. Granted she did buy it before we bought ours so the
>> price would have been cheaper.
>>
>> She is a staunch low carber. They eat a ton of chicken and steak. She
>> told me that her daughter who is Angela's age eats a huge steak for
>> breakfast every morning. Steak is not something we can buy often. When
>> I do buy them they are not huge and I usually get the thin sliced for
>> Sukyaki.
>>
>> But what really gets me is all the fruit she lets go to waste. They have
>> apple and pear trees and also grape vines. She doesn't pick or eat any
>> of it. Perhaps because she *is* a low carber. But you'd think she would
>> at least offer it up to the neighbors or something. That's what I did
>> when I had excess produce. But no. We watch it fall and rot. I have
>> been tempted to pick the grapes that poke through the fence.

> You could always ask her if you could purchase some of it and pick your
> own. Sounds like you know enough about her that it wouldn't be like asking
> a stranger. You could probably get it cheap, and be helping her out at the
> same time.

True. I haven't kept in contact with her for several years. We kept trying
to get Angela and her daughter together and they did dance together the
first year we were here. Her daughter simply does not like dance so she let
her quit. And outside of that they really have nothing in common. But we
used to get together at least once a week.