Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

My husband was in the AF for thirty years and the early years were very
slim. We never bought gifts for each other until about 25 years ago. Then it
was usually one gift. He now has retirement from the AF and is making good
money teaching at a local Community College. So we now buy gifts for each
other and the kids and Grandkids...why not when we can afford it....when he
retires from the CC we will have to cut back but now we can live
comfortably. We also give to many charities throughout the year and
Christmas. For the past 15 years we have bought two bikes for Toys for Tots.
We also give to the Local Community Food Bank...who can use the donations ,
especially in these times. We are so lucky the recession has not hit us and
are able to give to those in need right now. We also give to many pet rescue
groups. My husband and I both enjoy giving. We used to give our time to
Charities, since we didn't have the money, but now my health keeps me from
moving around a lot so we give money now, while we can....