pp

Default Titration error

Thanks for help, everybody. Per Tom's, Dave's and Bill's suggestion,
I've done another test on the Pinot Blanc, with 2 samples - one
degassed and one not. Yes, the degassed sample was lower by 0.5g/L, so
my initial post-ferment measurement was indeed artificially higher.
I'll watch this from now on.

Given the correct value is 7.5g/L, I'm still 1g/L above the expected
value of 6.5g/L. This could be the succinic acid, as Lum suggested.
But I'm still wondering about the initial measurement - it came at
4g/L, with pH 3.4, but it didn't taste particularly flabby. The juice
came in frozen, I've defrosted it, mixed pretty thoroughly and let
settle in the fridge for a day, then measured. Is it possible there
was some bitartrate in the juice that went back into tartaric acid
during fermentation? And if yes, how do I avoid getting this error
again - should I heat the initial sample as well?

Thx,

Pp