Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> my DH was adopted as a baby, and a couple of times their family got a
> boy from the orpanage near them for a holiday, but when they started
> the kids were older, it didn't work out well, but dh was proud as he
> was remembering his father for trying, Lee

This little girl was about 8 or 9 when she started going to my aunt's
house. I don't know how it all came about in the first place. The first
time she came was for Christmas and we all went there for the big family
tea after having lunch with our individual families or in laws. This kid
had a shocking haircut and terrible clothes but that was the last I ever
saw that. Because she came for holidays (3 times a year) my aunt would
get her hair done plus supply the clothes for her. I know older kids
sometimes have problems and don't always fit in well with a host family.