Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i lived, lol, Lee

Well... I am surprised that I survived this day!

Some time ago we went into a new pet store in Edmonds and they had these
really nice cat scratching posts made of driftwood. Angela wanted to get
one for Ballerina and Jazzy but I didn't have the money then. I kept
putting it off. We were going to get one last week while at my parent's
house. They live in Edmonds but at the other end of the city from this
place. But then Angela was invited to a Bunco party that night so we didn't
have time to go there. I said we would go there today. But then...

I decided to assemble the towel holder that I ordered some time ago. I do
not have a proper linen closet. The person that designed this house during
the remodel was nuts. I have these two weird cupboards in my room that
aren't very useful for much of anything. I just use the lower one for
greeting cards (I always keep a supply onhand for those times when I need
one quickly) and presents for upcoming occasions. It's not big enough to
hold all of the Christmas presents this year. I didn't really get large
gifts but they won't all fit. It does hold the surprise ball. So picture
if you will something a little larger than a basketball. That's how
stupidly small the one cupboard is.

The cupboard above it will hold some linens but it isn't nearly big enough
for all our sheets, towels and extra blankets. Currently I only have
washcloths and hand towels in there. That's all that will fit! The bath
towels have been residing in a laundry basket and I am sick of that. So I
ordered a towel holder online. I waited and waited, only to have my order
cancelled. I then searched high and low for another one. Seems they are
not a common item. I found a nice, super expensive one but couldn't afford
it. Eventually found another one that was only a little more than I had
intended to pay for the first one.

The problem? They didn't give me any screws or nuts in the package. The
thing is made in China and I can't even remember now who I ordered it from.
I didn't want to wait the weeks it would take to find these people and try
to get screws and nuts from them. So that meant a trip to the hardware
store as well. Would have been fine but...

The only hardware store that was in Edmonds is no longer. According to what
I read online, their floor couldn't hold the weight and they were evacuating
after selling their stock at a 20% discount.

So that meant coming back out here. Either to Lowes in Mill Creek or Ace in
Everett. I opted for Ace because it is a much smaller store with perhaps
not better but quicker customer service and free popcorn!

Took us twice as long as normal to get to the pet store because of traffic.
But we did get to pet a nice huge tabby. Found the exact scratching post I
wanted. I had a dream about it the other night. Angela liked it too. Paid
for it. Picked it up and then knocked myself in the head with it. Saw some
stars. Angela said she would take it. She fared well until she got to the
door where she whacked it on the door frame. But it survived.

Started to drive back out this way. Traffic was just creeping! Start and
stop. Mainly stop. Our tummies began to rumble and my foot began to cramp.
I just kept thinking of the free popcorn. And the bathroom. They have one
in there.

Well by the time we got there they had cleaned the popcorn machine out for
the day. I should have demanded some because there is a sign boasting of
its freeness. They did have free coffee and water.

Used the bathroom then meandered around the screw aisle in a dither. Angela
actually found what were the correct screws but I couldn't figure it out.
Got a guy to help me. Turns out I would have needed him anyway because he
had to bag and label the items for me. Wasn't able to use my $10 off coupon
because I couldn't find anything else that we needed. Had to spend $50 to
get the discount. But I did get my military discount. Angela was mad
because she wanted food. I said I would buy her something if they had it,
but not candy. They had a little bit of food that wasn't candy but she was
either allergic or not interested. They did have a can of asparagus soup
that was self heating. Also tomato soup. They were $3.00. I didn't look
to see if she was allergic but she immediately turned up her nose so I
didn't. But I was rather interested to see how they heated up.

On to the grocery store for a few quick things then home for a quick dinner.
Then to assemble the towel holder.

This thing is made of metal and has decorative leaves in it. I can't tell
you how many times I klonked myself on the foot or the head with this thing.
Or how many times the leaves scraped my fingers. I tried to assemble it in
my computer chair. Then I realized there was no way I could do that. It
needed to be flat on the floor. Or so I thought. There were three posts
that went up the back. I would put them in. Ballerina would take them out.
Then Jazzy became interested and she too wanted to "help" me. I finally
had to call for Angela. I disliked having to do this because she isn't the
most willing participant when it comes to helping assemble things. But I
realized it was humanly impossible to have assembled this thing alone.
Perhaps an octopus could have done it. But they don't have fingers to grip
the screwdriver.

But it's finally done and in the bathroom. Now I just have to finish the
laundry so I can put the towels in. It had gotten to where I was washing
towels pretty much on an as needed basis because I didn't want to deal with
them!