Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Tutall Tutall is offline

Default Prime Rib preparation

On Dec 9, 9:28*pm, "Gene" > wrote:

> I kosher salt the outside of each steak and put them on a wire rack in the
> fridge for about 2 hours, plenty of time for osmosis to do it's thing
> (pulling some of the moisture out of the meat and then soaking back in
> taking some of the salt with it)
>
> After 2 or so hours, remove the meat (still on the rack) and place on
> counter to come to room temperature (this does 2 things, it helps the meat
> to cook evenly and keeps the meat from sticking on the grill).

Doing a prime rib for Christmas dinner, was thinking to do something
like this as prep.

In the oven, not in the grill. Prime rib soaks up too much smoke (did
one indirect with lump). Been there, done that.

Any ideas? Just thinking do this prep, but thinking with a larger cut,
that overnight might be better. But would it be too much?