Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default Maple Wines that I can order in the USA?

On Dec 19, 11:12*am, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
> Rush Creek winery in Canada makes a nice maple wine. *Unfortunately,
> they are not allowed to ship it across the border into the USA. *Are
> there any maple wines that are made in the USA, or made by companies
> that have gone through the headaches necessary to export to the USA?
> I am talking about wine fermented FROM maple sap or syrup here, not
> wines made from grapes and sweetened with maple--those you can get
> in Vermont.

I have not found any wine fermented from maple sap for sale, but two
super-premium vodkas made from fermented maple sap are available.
These are not sweet vodkas with added maple sap or syrup. The best is
in very limited supply, needs to be reserved, and is sold in 375 ml
bottles at a very high price for vodka. See the 2 maple sap vodkas by
Vermont Spirits at http://www.drinkupny.com/vodka_s/21....show=12&page=5
.. They ship to most US States. Since they also sell some wine, you
might also contact them and ask if they know of any maple sap wine
available in the US. They specialize in wines and spirits that can be
difficult to find in many areas of the US.