Old 18-12-2011, 01:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default Lining pans with foil

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 02:58:28 -0500, wrote:

Does lining and baking sheet, or roasting pan with aluminum foil have any
significant effect on the cooking? Does it reflect heat so food cooks
faster, or
does it have an effect like having the heat too high? Thanks.

I've read something about that somewhere. It seems that it does affect
time/temp; even so much that whether you use the shiny side out or the dull
side out matters. But significant? Not so much, I think. Polly