Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Lining pans with foil

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 02:58:28 -0500, wrote:

>Does lining and baking sheet, or roasting pan with aluminum foil have any
>significant effect on the cooking? Does it reflect heat so food cooks faster, or
>does it have an effect like having the heat too high? Thanks.

Only thing I've noticed is that stuff can stick to it more than the
regular pan. With roasting pans, I put a little water in it so the
dripping don't burn and then you can make a good gravy. You have to
add water along the way.

For cleanup, I just put some detergent and water and let it soak a
while. Easy to clean afterwards.