Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Burgs, Lake County, assorted CS, Loire,etc

On 12/13/11 12:16 PM, DaleW wrote:

> 2010 Cowan Cellar "Isa" (Lake County) Skin-fermented Sauvignon Blanc.
> Double decanted, served at room temp, and observed over several
> hours. Interesting, would never peg this for SB blind. Pineapple and
> mango juice, bitter herbs, some tannins on finish. This is quite
> different but made friends with everyone (especially Betsy). Food
> friendly, did ok with both white anchovies and chicken. With a bit of
> time the fruity notes faded leaving a more mineral profile. Fun wine,
> glad to have more. B+

Thanks, Dale. I've got a bottle of this down in the cellar. I just got
a Christmas card from FL Jim not only wishing us well but also advising
us to serve the Isa at room temp and give it a healthy decant. Glad
that you'd got the message, too!

> 2009 Jean Foillard "Cuvee Corcelette" Morgon Black cherries, very
> floral, ripe but balanced. Nice with the chicken. B+/B

I've been holding off on my '09 Morgons as they've been too dark-fruited
for Jean. I'm hoping that, with a few years of bottle age, they'll show
more red-fruited and lighter, but we'll see.

Thanks for all the notes. What a dizzying collection of wines you've
had recently!

Mark Lipton