Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default All of my stoneware's glaze is cracking

On 12/10/11 4:50 PM, phaeton wrote:

> What kinds of dishes do you guys have? I've become
> somewhat fond of stoneware now, as they are non-reacting and
> (normally) easy to care for. Any recommendations for decent everyday-
> use stuff that will last awhile when used right? By everyday use I
> mean dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, hot food, cold food and
> such.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -J

This is my everyday stuff- I buy it on sale open stock and January is a
good time for sales.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/m...2 6slotId%3D8

Are you using lemony dishwasher detergent? I learned years ago that the
lemony stuff is hard on dishes so perhaps that is the problem with your
glazes?