Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier[_3_] st.helier[_3_] is offline

Default OT - In Memorium (Attn Mark Lipton)

"Anders Tørneskog" wrote ..........

> I found this amazing enough to try to find an explanation... It seems to
> me that meanings are different in this way:

> In memorium= In the mind
> In memoriam= In memory of (Keeping in the mind)

> Anybody knowing a latin expert?

Wow - what did I start - the most discussed thread in ages - and not a
word about wine.

OK - I plead guilty - memorium / memoriam - I goofed - no excuse, perhaps I
was looking at this keyboard through an 18 year old Highland Park (no ice -
just a tiny splash of water!)

However, my intention was to remind Mark of that day in 2001 which shocked
this tiny nation to the core.

Sir Peter Blake was one of my heroes. I was fortunate to have sailed with
him (albeit a short, overnighter down the coast of Northland)

If you want to see his inspiring story, this 90min video tells of his life
and achievements.

http://tvnz.co.nz/blakey/s1-e1-video-4589986

--

A B