Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Pecan Pie Experiment - Success!

On 11/25/2011 10:01 AM, W. Baker wrote:

> Glad it was a success. One quesstion: do you find that the alond meal
> needs the butter to make the crust? I find that when I used walnuts
> processed to quite fine I can press it into a crus without added fat. I
> use thi for both my cheesecake and pumpkin pie. I do add a bit of
> sweetner to the nuts , particularly for the cheesecake, as tht usually
> calls for a graham cracker crust with is sweetish.
>
> Just wondering.

I buy the almond meal in a package. Almonds aren't all that oily. If I
am grinding pecans myself, I will use a very small amount of butter or
oil. Haven't tried walnuts for a pie crust. Rankly the almond meal is
always in my freezer and it works so well I have no reason to try
anything else.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas