Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Is vegetable Soup good for Diabetic Patients ?

"wilsonparker" > wrote in message

> My father is having diabetes . I have to know whether he can use
> vegetables soup or not . I wan you to share your valuable tips here .

Oh good gravy! There is no one food that is really good or bad for
diabetics.

Carbs are what raise BG (blood glucose) the most. So it is carbs we must be
the most mindful of. How many carbs your dad can eat is up to his body. He
would have to test his BG to find that out.

Also, the term "vegetable soup" is rather meaningless. You could make a
soup with bean sprouts and green onions and it would be very low in carbs.
Or you could make a soup with peas, corn and potatoes and it could be high
in carbs.

My first valuable tip to you is to get yourself a real newsreader and get
off of that idiotic foodbanter.