Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Klaus Totem Klaus Totem is offline

Default Coffee grinder

Peter Lawrence > writes:

> The Kyocera CM-50-CF is an excellent manual burr coffee grinder:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Kyocera-CM-50-...dp/B003S9XF7K/

Thanks for that answer. I presently own a Zassenhaus manual grinder and
have been using that for the past 6 or 7 years. There are some things
that I dislike about it:
1. No lid for the hopper -> beans hop out while grinding
2. Small tray for ground coffee -> 45g of beans do not find into it
3. Not easy to clean -> very hard to take it apart

Reading the reviews on amazon, I get the impression that the Kyocera is
easy to clean and it seems the tray (or rather jar) has reasonable size.
Having a lid for the jar is of course not necessary as the ground coffee
should be used straight away.

Now for my questions:
1. How do you grind with that grinder? For the Zassenhaus, it is most
convenient to put it between your legs and hold it there.
2. The Kyocera has no lid for the hopper, either, but the hopper seems
to be quite high. Do you experience beans hopping out there?
3. Is it really easy to clean?

Regards,
Klaus