Old 18-11-2011, 02:56 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.food.vegan,alt.support.diabetes
Robert Miles[_4_] Robert Miles[_4_] is offline

Default A Wholesome, Plant-Based Diet May Cut Risks and Complicationsof Diabetes

On 11/17/2011 8:04 AM, wrote:
On Nov 17, 5:05 am, |"
wrote:
On Nov 16, 9:28 pm, and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.

Jai Maharaj) wrote:
In ,
Robert posted:

Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

[snip]
It would be interesting to see how the meat eaters of India
fare in comparison to the non meat eaters. Both populations
are likely eating too much sugar, white rice, and refined
wheat. Plus even whole wheat and whole grain rice
aren't ideal. I wonder if the population is eating fewer
legumes?

You better get your BMI below 23 if you are Indian..............Trig

When that's been done with US populations, the less animal products
consumed the less diabetes manifested.

Disclosu I am not a vegetarian and like eating animal products.

Randy

Vegetarian diets and incidence of diabetes in the Adventist Health
Study-2.
Tonstad S, Stewart K, Oda K, Batech M, Herring RP, Fraser GE.
Source
Loma Linda University School of Public Health, Department of Health
Promotion and Education, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA.

Note that this study says little about whether it's wise to
continue to be a vegetarian if you already have diabetes.

Robert Miles