Old 18-11-2011, 06:31 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.support.diabetes
jay[_220_] jay[_220_] is offline

Default A Wholesome, Plant-Based Diet May Cut Risks and Complications of Diabetes

there's also the glycemic index you need to look at. fruits such as papaya, mango,
pineapple, etc. are just as bad as straight sugar ...

If a person ate nothing but papaya, mango and pineapple (and maybe
some B12), how long would it take an average non-diabetic to become
one? I am worried because I have been eating primarily cantaloupes and
bananas for the past two months and according to fitday, averaging 88%
carbs, 7% protein and 5% fat (1% PUFA).