Posted to rec.food.cooking
news news is offline

Default Speaking of school lunches

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>A fabulous article about being the "kid with the stinky lunch".
>
> http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/11/15/...ch/?hpt=hp_bn8
>
> I remember being laughed at for some of my brown bag lunches. I
> wasn't the foreign kid or the
> brown kid or the black kid in the class either.
>
> Did any of you take things to school for lunch that got you picked on
> or laughed at?
>
> I loved this article, especiall the part about the smart teacher who
> used a kids misery to teach
> the class about other culture's foods.

Ha! I had a smelly egg-salad sandwich in my lunch on the bus, and the bus
driver yelled loudly so everyone could hear, that someone's mother should
refrigerate the eggs overnight before making the salad. This was 6th or 7th
grade, and who needs further embarrassment in middle school!
I always attracted attention bringing in leftover Slovak food after Easter,
but everyone wanted to try the kolbasi, horseradish, and bread!