Jack

Default Equipment setup question

Do most folks have their primary fermenter and carbouys set-up for
simple siphoning? In other words, do folks keep "containers" elevated
so that the next "container" is lower than the first-- all the way to
the final "container" which would still need some elevation to siphon
for bottling?

I'm a little worried about moving full containers around. I ordered a
carbouy handle with my kit, but I'm not even sure if this handle is to
be used with a full carbouy. It also seems that lifting and shifting
these containers would shake the must, potentially adding oxygen.
Lastly, a full, 6 gallon carbouy has to be pretty heavy. I would
think that lifting and moving could result in a broken carbouy and 6
gallons of wine on the floor or a herniated disk and some pretty steep
medical bills.

Any suggestions?