Posted to rec.food.chocolate
Bobbie Sellers Bobbie Sellers is offline

Default What is your favorite chocolate Brand?

On 11/13/2011 10:41 PM, brend_alexandra wrote:
> To me, Its Lindit.
> Lindor is a type of chocolate produced by Lindt, which is characterized
> by a hard chocolate shell and a smooth chocolate filling.
> There are so man flavors like White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Dark
> Chocolate, Mocha, Peanut Butter, Milk chocolate shell filled with
> sugared hazelnut chunks...etc
>
> Hey, what is your favorite?

In the USA the best chocolate I have regular access to
is Guittard made on the San Francisco Peninsula.

But white chocolate is not really chocolate just
cocoa butter with added dried milk.
Milk chocolate can be made with real chocolate but
the milk (which is used to keep the ingredients in mix)
heavily influences the taste of the resulting product
softening the chocolate flavor.
Dark chocolate is usually considered to be made
without milk but milk can be a part of it, for confectionary
use dark chocolate can cover the range from around 50%
cocoa solids to 99%. Over that is pure chocolate without
added sugar or milk. Best reserved for cooking but I have
eaten completely unsweetened chocolate and 99% cocoa solids
bars. I don't recoment that at all.

The stuff with additions like fondant. peanut butter,
nuts are candies that put a little chocolate with the
sweetners and extenders. Chocolates are really chocolate
candy,
For chocolate itself you need 50% to 80% cocoa solids
with no other intrusion except in dark chocolate a soy derivative
used to help keep the ingredients properly mixed and enough
sugar to keep the product palatable.
While I really like the Guittard's chocolates the
fact is that they are too expensive for me costing as much
for a misiscule snack as a pound of my 72% Trader Joe's
Pound + bard used for eating and cooking. That lasts me
a month with the removal for cooking of two 5/3 ounce
sections from the bar. Otherwise I try to stick with
a third of an ounce of chocolate each day.

If I wasn't living on a modest Social Security
Payment then I might eat more Guittard's.

bliss