Posted to rec.food.cooking
BillyZoom BillyZoom is offline

Default Question recently about soup in Asian countries

On Nov 12, 1:23*pm, aem > wrote:
> On Nov 12, 4:59*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
> > sf wrote:

> > >I think that in the deep dark past - before people were militant about
> > >being vegetarian, I met natives of India who were not vegetarian...
> > >but in the last decade or three I can't say the Indians I've eaten
> > >meals with were carnivores.

> > They're omnivores.

> A little more than 80 percent of the population of India is Hindu.
> Hindus do not eat beef, and strict Hindus are vegetarian. *I don't
> know how many are considered "strict". *The most delicious vegetarian
> meals I've had were at Indian restaurants hosted by Indian
> acquaintances who were vegetarian. * -aem

God you people are morons. This is about food, not religion. Yes, in
the past the two were tied closely. Not as much anymore. Do you know
what the dietary rules of your religion are? Do you follow them? Do
you even have a religion anymore? Do you imagine that 1.2 Billion
people are more backward than you?