Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Question recently about soup in Asian countries

On Nov 12, 4:59*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
> >I think that in the deep dark past - before people were militant about
> >being vegetarian, I met natives of India who were not vegetarian...
> >but in the last decade or three I can't say the Indians I've eaten
> >meals with were carnivores.

> They're omnivores.

A little more than 80 percent of the population of India is Hindu.
Hindus do not eat beef, and strict Hindus are vegetarian. I don't
know how many are considered "strict". The most delicious vegetarian
meals I've had were at Indian restaurants hosted by Indian
acquaintances who were vegetarian. -aem