Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Question recently about soup in Asian countries

Cheryl wrote:

> I had a interesting conversation with one of my new teammates at work
> who is from India about soup. The conversation drifted as often they
> do. But the one thing he told me that was interesting is that most
> people of India descent, especially those in India, are vegetarian. We
> got to talking about that so I never found out about soup.

I've worked with a number of Indian immigrants who ate neither beef nor
pork who were happy to eat sea food, chicken, turkey, lamb or goat.
I've worked with a smaller number who were vegitarians. So I don't
think the "most" part is accurate. A much larger minority than among
westerners at least.