Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Are you ever tempted to throttle someone?

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> sf > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 18:53:05 -0400, "jmcquown" >

>>> What happened to the days when hospitals had pharmacies?

>>You must be in a red state. My hospital has a pharmacy.

> Interestingly, as of around one month ago, the main Kaiser hospital
> building in Oakland no longer has an outpatient pharmacy. Now the
> only publically-accessiable pharmacy in the hospital building is the
> discharge pharmacy.
>
> (There are at least three outpatient pharmacies in the same building
> complex though, so this closure has no pratical significance.)
>

> Steve

They didn't even have a discharge pharmacy. The doctor insisted I get this
prescription filled and the nurse told me to fill it on my way out. The
doctor said "I wish they'd stop telling people to do that. We don't have a
pharmacy anymore." Huh?

Jill