Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Are you ever tempted to throttle someone?

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 14:43:24 -0400, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>"jmcquown" wrote:

>>For a long time Wal*Mart advertised their $3 prescription drug program for
>>generic equivalents for people who don't have Rx drug coverage. After I got
>>out of the hospital in 2008 my doctor insisted I start taking an antibiotic
>>immediately, as soon as I got home. I knew this drug was on the list I had
>>previously read of drugs eligible for this antibiotic so I I had them call
>>in the prescription to the Wal*Mart pharmacy. I went over there, stood on
>>line for what felt like hours and the charge was close to $50. I don't shop
>>at Wal*Mart. Since Sam Walton died his greedy kids have let everything go
>>to hell.

>That doesn't sound right. I fill Rx drugs at Walmart often, even some
>of my cat's Rx meds, and I have never had to wait more than a few
>minutes and the price is far less than anywhere else... a 30 day
>supply is $4... a 90 day supply is $10.

Depends on the drug. My grandson had a few filled at WalMart and some
of the antibiotics are pricey with no insurance.

I get my drugs at Stop & Shop. Some antibiotics are free. Last one
my wife got though, would have been over $100 if we had no insurance.