Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Are you ever tempted to throttle someone?

On 05/11/2011 9:00 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
though, so this closure has no pratical significance.)

> I'm not sure what that means, but whatever. A very minor irritation I
> have with Kaiser, is that wherever you pick up your discharge
> medications when you leave the hospital, seems to become your default
> pharmacy. I had surgery two years ago, and although I've seen many
> doctors since then and filled many prescriptions, when a doctor recently
> wrote a prescription based on some tests, the prescription was sent to
> the hospital pharmacy, which is far, far away, through bad traffic and
> with bad parking. It was easy to transfer the prescription, but it just
> seems odd.

When I was discharged from the hospital after surgery last year I had a
consultation with the hospital pharmacist. I had a list of a half dozen
medications including warfarin, and I had to inject warfarin using
single using single use hypodermics. She knew that they carried them at
the drug store across the street from the hospital but we called our
local pharmacy and they were able to order them and have them there for
me within a few hours, so the prescriptions were all faxed to my local guy.