Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Are you ever tempted to throttle someone?

In article >,
(Steve Pope) wrote:

> sf > wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 18:53:05 -0400, "jmcquown" >

> >> What happened to the days when hospitals had pharmacies?

> >You must be in a red state. My hospital has a pharmacy.

> Interestingly, as of around one month ago, the main Kaiser hospital
> building in Oakland no longer has an outpatient pharmacy. Now the
> only publically-accessiable pharmacy in the hospital building is the
> discharge pharmacy.
>
> (There are at least three outpatient pharmacies in the same building
> complex though, so this closure has no pratical significance.)

I'm not sure what that means, but whatever. A very minor irritation I
have with Kaiser, is that wherever you pick up your discharge
medications when you leave the hospital, seems to become your default
pharmacy. I had surgery two years ago, and although I've seen many
doctors since then and filled many prescriptions, when a doctor recently
wrote a prescription based on some tests, the prescription was sent to
the hospital pharmacy, which is far, far away, through bad traffic and
with bad parking. It was easy to transfer the prescription, but it just
seems odd.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA