Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Are you ever tempted to throttle someone?

"jmcquown" wrote:
>"Polly Esther" > wrote in message
>> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 21:28:19 -0500, "Polly Esther"
>>>
>>> There's a red tape applied to the
>>>
>>> That's the standard setup here. It's for privacy reasons to allow you
>>> to discuss your issues without embarrassment.
>>> Janet US

>> BUT there was no one ahead of me or behind me. There was no reason for me
>> to go 'stand away' except she had to show her authority. Polly

>That's not what you said in your first post. You said, "There is a long,
>long line of folks winding
>back and around like at Disneyworld but there's no roller coaster reward at
>the end. Maybe you do get to scream."
>
>For a long time Wal*Mart advertised their $3 prescription drug program for
>generic equivalents for people who don't have Rx drug coverage. After I got
>out of the hospital in 2008 my doctor insisted I start taking an antibiotic
>immediately, as soon as I got home. I knew this drug was on the list I had
>previously read of drugs eligible for this antibiotic so I I had them call
>in the prescription to the Wal*Mart pharmacy. I went over there, stood on
>line for what felt like hours and the charge was close to $50. I don't shop
>at Wal*Mart. Since Sam Walton died his greedy kids have let everything go
>to hell.

That doesn't sound right. I fill Rx drugs at Walmart often, even some
of my cat's Rx meds, and I have never had to wait more than a few
minutes and the price is far less than anywhere else... a 30 day
supply is $4... a 90 day supply is $10. I phone in my refills and
they are waiting for me to pick up. If your doctor phones in a new Rx
your meds will be ready for you to pick up, no waiting. I wish I
could fill all my cat's Rx meds at Walmart, they're four times less
than at the vet... I buy Blackie's insulin syringes at Walmart, less
than $25/100, at the vet they are $130 and not nearly as good a
quality. Blackie started out on human insulin, was also about $25 at
Walmart, but now he has to be on cat insulin, $130 at the vet. I'm
sure the vet is a rip off.
http://www.walmart.com/cp/PI-4-Prescriptions/1078664