Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou decruss Lou decruss is offline

Default Are you ever tempted to throttle someone?

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 19:56:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I went to the corner bakery/coffee/ gift shop this morning for a coffee
>and a muffin, as I do several days each week. They have great coffee
>and good muffins, but they are not known for speed, and I am not usually
>in a hurry.
>
>When I went up to the counter there were two women ahead of me and two
>other women, a older woman and her daughter <?>, were walking around
>looking at the gift items. The girl at the counter was making up some
>special teas, which I assumed were for the women ahead of me at the
>counter.
>
>As it turned out, when the teas were finally ready, they were for the
>mother daughter who are wandering around, so we had to wait while they
>slowly returned to the counter. The counter girl asked if they wanted
>anything else. Mother said of course and ordered a brownie. The daughter
>is hemming and hawing and, after her mother pressed her to hurry,
>decided she wanted a sandwich. Despite there being a menu mounted on the
>wall that she could have been looking at while the girl was making their
>teas, she has to asked what kind of sandwiches there are.

A couple months ago I was in line and there were four drunks together
all with separate orders. There were a total cluster **** trying to
figure out who had enough money on their food stamp card and who had
the money for the liquor. They had a big pile of change on the
counter they were picking through. When it seemed they were finally
near the end of the insanity and one showed up with a bottle of vodka
and I went off like a cannon. By this time there was like 10 people
in line and I told him to go to the back of the line like everyone
else. He went to the back of the line and the other drunks finished
up and walked away leaving their purchases on the counter.

Lou