Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Went to the Louisiana State Fair

sf wrote:

>> did anybody else hear about the Caesar Salad competition held in Houston
>> a few days ago? The winner was a Caesar-salad-flavored cotton candy
>> wrapped around a cone of romaine.
>>

> Please say that's a joke. It sounds revolting.

Nope, no joke. Details are sketchy; the event doesn't seem to be as
well-organized as some other competitions (e.g., the Gilroy Garlic
Festival), so the recipe or even a photo isn't on their web site.

I've seen culinary oddities in the name of Caesar Salad before, some of them
perpetrated by well-respected chefs (e.g., Elizabeth Falkner and Thomas
Keller), so I'm not *too* surprised at this turn of events. It seems obvious
that "authenticity" was not one of the judging criteria!

Bob