Ray

Default Gewurztraminer Numbers

I have to differ with you on the interpretation of potential alcohol. The
majority of tables of PA / SG give the PA assuming the SG drops to 1.000.
This is not dry. That is why negative numbers are given on hydrometers for
PA when the hydrometer goes below 1.000. If you just go by the beginning SG
you can have a 1-2.5 points error in your PA. The only table that I am
aware of that assumes fermentation to true dryness is that of Duncan and
Acton though I have been told that UC Davis also takes this into account.

Ray

"JEP" > wrote in message
om...

. com>...