Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Went to the Louisiana State Fair

We are in Shreveport, well actually, Bossier City, LA. We went to the
state fair today. Among the gross (to me) culinary offerings was fried
Koolade. I don't even want to think about how they make that.

We did buy some cheese spread from the people who sell those dry spice
mixes.

We went on Senior Day. Lots of free pens. They have a circus there that
was really great. All for free.

We came back and had soup and quesadillas for lunch that I made. No
weird fried stuff!

For those who know the Wharton, TX area,we stopped in Hinze's for Q on
our way north. They have an awesome brisket.

The kitten is an amazingly good traveler. He has just about doubled his
size in 2 weeks. Eats like a horse and moves at the speed of light.
--

Janet Wilder
Posting from the Netbaby