Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Dried chipotles

zxcvbob wrote:
> Today I was at the Mexican grocery getting some bottles of hot sauce,
> and I bought a package of the gray-tan dried chipotles. The cigar butt
> looking ones. I usually buy the black morita peppers, but wanted to try
> the good ones for a change.
>
> Do I use them just like the cheap kind? I assume they are smokier and
> not quite as hot.

So nobody has used them before? I will try one in my next pot of
beans like I usually do with moritas and see how it's different. (One
morita is enough to spice up a half a pound of dried beans)

Also may crumble one up with some diced onion, sprinkle with a little
lime juice and garlic salt, and see what I get when they rehydrate.

-Bob