Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default A new vodka I just tried

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:42:22 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bryan" > wrote in message
>On Oct 25, 8:52 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
>> "Bryan" > wrote in message

>> > Pricier than Sheldon's Crystal Palace, the stuff is called Boru, and
>> > it was on sale for $8.97/750ml. I'm certainly no conno-sewer of
>> > vodka, but <$12 vodkas always have an off taste. This was more along
>> > the lines of Svedka, SKYY, Absolut, or 3 Olives, but at a far cheaper
>> > price. It's on sale for a few more days, so I'm going to get some
>> > more. Eleven days until no more beer, and I'm using up odds and
>> > ends right now, not planning on buying more, except for one box of
>> > good beer to say goodbye to my favorite carby adult beverage.

>> > --Bryan

>> Finlandia is my favorite vodka.

>I left Finlandia out of my list of comparable, mid-priced brands, but
>it belonged there. I never drink any vodka neat, nor do I take cold
>shots. Mixed, this Boru stuff was as clean as Finlandia. Sheldon
>maintains that really cheap vodka is just as good as the mid-priced
>brands when mixed, but I disagree. The mid-priced brands really are
>pretty interchangeable in cocktails because they really are neutral.
>$9 was a real bargain for a *fifth* of decent vodka.
>=========
>I will have to try that.
>
>Cheri

There is no way anyone can tell which vodka is in a mixed drink...
waste your money, see if I care. People who use top shelf booze for
mixed drinks are idiots. Order a bloody mary or a screwdriver with
top shelf vodka and the bar tenders are laughing at you.