Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default A new vodka I just tried

On Oct 25, 8:52*pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
> "Bryan" > wrote in message

> > Pricier than Sheldon's Crystal Palace, the stuff is called Boru, and
> > it was on sale for $8.97/750ml. *I'm certainly no conno-sewer of
> > vodka, but <$12 vodkas always have an off taste. *This was more along
> > the lines of Svedka, SKYY, Absolut, or 3 Olives, but at a far cheaper
> > price. *It's on sale for a few more days, so I'm going to get some
> > more. * *Eleven days until no more beer, and I'm using up odds and
> > ends right now, not planning on buying more, except for one box of
> > good beer to say goodbye to my favorite carby adult beverage.

> > --Bryan

> Finlandia is my favorite vodka.

I left Finlandia out of my list of comparable, mid-priced brands, but
it belonged there. I never drink any vodka neat, nor do I take cold
shots. Mixed, this Boru stuff was as clean as Finlandia. Sheldon
maintains that really cheap vodka is just as good as the mid-priced
brands when mixed, but I disagree. The mid-priced brands really are
pretty interchangeable in cocktails because they really are neutral.
$9 was a real bargain for a *fifth* of decent vodka.

> Cheri

--Bryan